well, sometimes life can get a little CRAZY!
and around here, CRAZY it has been since our cute little puppy came into our lives! :)
seems kaci's first mommy has had a bit of history in not always telling the whole truth . . . (that's putting it mildly!)
since we met her in person, i TRIED to be supportive of her, even when i found out that her "baby" APRIL ROSE never existed and was found to actually be a DOLL! ...
anyway, since we got Kaci, we've been waiting for the paperwork for her . . . finally a week and 1/2 ago, BECCAH called to tell me it was on the way. in the meantime, another blogger in another state contacted me, and presented me with the poster that follows . . . . i made a QUICK phone call to the police in Beccah's hometown, they visited the pet store and verified the purchase of the puppy. all of that was legitimate. so . . . LONG part of an even LONGER story made SHORT here is that BECCAH HERSELF created the poster below . . .
below the poster is a statement that i made on another blog regarding my "involvement" with beccah and her "scam".
if you don't know what i'm talking about, just ignore this post . . . if you do, maybe this will explain SOME of the drama! :)
and around here, CRAZY it has been since our cute little puppy came into our lives! :)
seems kaci's first mommy has had a bit of history in not always telling the whole truth . . . (that's putting it mildly!)
since we met her in person, i TRIED to be supportive of her, even when i found out that her "baby" APRIL ROSE never existed and was found to actually be a DOLL! ...
anyway, since we got Kaci, we've been waiting for the paperwork for her . . . finally a week and 1/2 ago, BECCAH called to tell me it was on the way. in the meantime, another blogger in another state contacted me, and presented me with the poster that follows . . . . i made a QUICK phone call to the police in Beccah's hometown, they visited the pet store and verified the purchase of the puppy. all of that was legitimate. so . . . LONG part of an even LONGER story made SHORT here is that BECCAH HERSELF created the poster below . . .
below the poster is a statement that i made on another blog regarding my "involvement" with beccah and her "scam".
if you don't know what i'm talking about, just ignore this post . . . if you do, maybe this will explain SOME of the drama! :)
I am the infamous "Chick with the Dog". I thought maybe it would clear some things up if I created my own timeline. This outlines my interaction with Beccah from April 2009 through today (July 24, 2009).
- I don't know how I found Beccah's blog, but I read it almost from the first post.
- Mid April 2009: I responded to a "tweet" from Beccah looking for a home for her puppy.
- Corresponded via e-mail through early May regarding the puppy. During this time she e-mailed me pictures of the puppy that she was looking to find a home for.
- During this correspondence, I voiced to Beccah my hesitation to believe everything I read on the Internet. She thought that was funny and provided me with her “personal art site”(See Through Me Studios) to put my mind at ease that she did indeed exist.
- Made plans to meet Beccah to pick up puppy on May 9 near her home outside of Chicago. (At this point, she was 38 weeks “pregnant”)
- May 9: Met Beccah in a small Chicago suburb in a [Fast food restaurant] parking lot. At the time of our meeting she had the puppy in her arms that she had sent photos of. At that point, I had no reason to doubt her story. She was there, in person, with the puppy she'd sent photos of. Her belly was small, but she had blogged about that. Nothing struck me as extremely “out of the ordinary” during this meeting. When we initially met, we hugged and laughed – she commented that I was shorter than she’d imagined, she was taller than I’d imagined! I never “touched” her belly, nor, did my children who were with me ever touch her belly to “feel April kicking”. We chatted for about an hour and she went her way, and we went ours with our new puppy. (I did give Beccah money for the puppy. It was less than she had paid for the puppy - this HAS been verified by the pet store.) I also verified with the store that the ACA paperwork for the puppy was not yet ready, and that when it was, they could only release it to the original purchaser - it was up to Beccah to forward the paperwork to me. During this time of waiting for the “official” paperwork, I did have the pup’s microchip number and shots verified through the paperwork from the store that Beccah had provided.
- June 7, 8 . . . news breaks that the April Rose blog is a fake.
- During that week I attempted many times to make contact with Beccah. Finally I was successful and we maintained contact via phone/text/email for a little over a month. Please keep in mind I had met her in person. At the time of my initial contact, her other "scams" were not known publicly. I am almost old enough to be Beccah's mom. I felt the desire to maybe help her, to love her and offer her support through Christ in this journey she was walking.
- July 15: Beccah contacts me to let me know the paperwork for the puppy has been put in the mail and I should receive it in the next day or so.
- July 16: EJSaddler from the My Thoughts on April Rose blog contacts me saying that she has "damning evidence" that the puppy is stolen and forwards me the stolen puppy flier.
- July 16 & 17: I enlist the assistance of the Oak Lawn Police Department to either confirm or deny the report of the stolen puppy. The Officer who took the case confirmed with the pet store that the puppy was indeed sold directly to Beccah from the store.
- July 18 & 19: I'm away from home and away from my computer and begin to piece the story together, realizing that Beccah was really the only person who could have made the lost puppy flier. In the flier, the puppy was wearing the same collar as she was in the photos Beccah had sent me.
- The photo in the stolen puppy flier looked vaguely familiar, and appeared to have been taken at about the same time (based on puppy's size) as the pictures I had been given.. I would later realize that the photo looked familiar because I had spent much time going through the “See Through Me Studios” website which is where the photo had previously been posted. I begin to have my doubts that anyone other than Beccah could have made the poster.
- July 20: EJ posts her concerns regarding the validity of the poster without having contacting me. This verifies it for me – EJ has the same doubts I do, yet we have not discussed the situation with each other. Even before the EXIF documentation was verified (which is indisputable), I believed that Beccah alone produced that flier. (Note from Lorri: It is presumed that Beccah send the flier and false information to trick EJ Saddler into publishing a lie so that all the truth published on the My Thoughts on April Rose blog would loose credibility. It is presumed that Beccah hoped that [The lady with the puppy] would come to her defense with the real purchase papers thereby rending the My Thoughts blog unreliable.)
From that date on, I ceased communication with Beccah. I will continue to love her in Christ and I will definitely continue to pray for her. I cannot, however, trust her any longer or condone what she put our family through. It is nothing compared to what she did to the adoptive couple(s) or to [name with held by request], but she directly betrayed my trust when I was one of the few people who was actually stood by her after the April Rose blog "hoax" was uncovered. I believe Beccah needs help and that until she faces her demons, she will never move beyond the life she is currently living.




2 comments:
NO FREAKING WAY - this is CRAZINESS!! (Okay...sorry for sounding like a 16 year old there, but DANG...seriously???)
This is absurd!!!
sorry you got dragged into a bizarre drama.
Your dog is super cute and very lucky to have a great family!
Post a Comment